About Catalyst: A Social Justice Forum
The mission of Catalyst: A Social Justice Forum is to bring together research and multimedia from multiple disciplines that is oriented toward the understanding and practice of social justice, broadly defined. By offering an innovative, peer-reviewed space open to rigorous research from all disciplines, as well as offerings from outside of academia, we hope to push the ideals of social justice to new levels.
Please see the "Call for Submissions" page for our current calls for papers:
1. Social Justice in Education: Just Another Buzz Word or a True Daily Struggle?
2. With Not For: A special issue on disability.
3. Creating Health from Below? Exposing and Resisting the Power of Media Culture over Public Health.
Click the "Submit Article" link on the left to submit manuscripts or media files.
Current Issue: Volume 2, Issue 3 (2012) Religion and Intimate Partner Violence - a special SPARK issueWe are pleased to present Dr. Lee E. Ross’s “Religion and Intimate Partner Violence: A Double-Edge Sword" as the Summer 2013 SPARK issue. This piece is a 'spark' to ignite critical discussions about the role of authority, scriptural interpretation, patriarchy, and violence in our society.
Editor in Chief
- Rachael Gabriel, University of Connecticut
- Landon Bevier, University of Tennessee
- Kathy Evans, Eastern Mennonite University