- Open Textbook Library, a large list of openly-licensed textbooks compiled by the University of Minnesota's Center for Open Education
- Openly Available Sources Integrated Search (OASIS), developed by SUNY Geneseo, searches materials across 100+ OER sites
- OER Commons global OER initiative searches 50,000+ curated, high-quality OERs
- OpenStax, a part of Rice University, publishes high-quality, peer-reviewed, OER textbooks for most lower-division course areas
Below are also two Tennessee-specific OER resources:
- Affordable Learning Tennessee, developed as a result of a spring 2020 One UT Collaboration and Innovation Grant.
- TN Open Education OER Commons Hub provides a place for faculty across the state to build and share resources.
Have questions? Visit the UT Libraries Open Education Portal or email email@example.com.
Thomas W. Kerlin
Future Energy: Opportunities & Challenges was originally published in 2013 by the International Society of Automation. Rights for this work have been reverted to the authors by the original publisher. The author has chosen to license this work with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Click the blue Download button to download the full book PDF, or download individual chapters from the list.
To report your interest or share that you have adopted Future Energy: Opportunities & Challenges, please complete this short form.
To provide feedback or report errata, please complete this short form.
It’s All Greek to Me! Using Authentic Readings to Improve Knowledge of the English Language and Western Culture
“It’s All Greek to Me!” has everything—entertaining stories, academic articles in a variety of disciplines, vocabulary crossover in literary and academic readings, connections to local, American, and Western culture, and plenty of chances for critical thinking for advanced students of English as a Second Language (ESL). All readings are authentic with minimal adaptation from a variety of sources.
This textbook also gives help for advanced level grammar and writing issues, using outside sources, and reading and vocabulary strategies.