Date of Award
Master of Science
Robert S. Dotson
Lewis H. Dickson, Charles C. Chamberlain, Charles L. Cleland
The overall purpose of the study was to determine community development concepts held by county Extension workers. Specific objectives included the following:
1. To ascertain how Tennessee county Extension workers viewed community development—its purpose and philosophy.
2. To identify community development role expectations held by county Extension workers.
3. To try to determine what motivates county Extension workers to become involved in community development work.
4. To consider county Extension staff training needs related to community development.
5. To develop recommendations for improving community development in Tennessee.
Sininger, Wayne J., "Community development concepts held by Tennessee county extension workers. " Master's Thesis, University of Tennessee, 1965.