Date of Award
Master of Science
Charles L. Cleland
L. C. Copeland, M. L. Townsend
The "universe” being the farm operators, owners, and homemakers in the Knoxville Area, the objectives of this study are as follow:
1. To ascertain the subjects of Interest and the order of their importance to farmers and homemakers.
2. To Identify the broad sources of information utilized by farmers and homemakers and the importance attached to such sources.
3. To describe characteristics of farmers and homemakers within the survey area.
4. To determine the different degrees of interest in specified topics according to the size of farm operated, tenure status, and whether the operation is full time or part time.
5. To relate the importance of specified sources of information in connection with specified enterprises.
Wilson, Elbert Woodrow, "Farm and home: interests in and sources important to farmers and homemakers in the Knoxville area. " Master's Thesis, University of Tennessee, 1959.