Date of Award
Master of Science in Social Work
Dana L. Ingle
Jane Ann Epperson, Hugh H. Vaughn
This study was designed to investigate the following hypotheses:
- Referrals of children to the Clinic will tend to cluster around two time points--school entrance and the shifts from elementary to junior high school.
- Proportionately, more school referrals than those referred by other sources will be of children in the lower socio-economic class.
- Children referred by schools will terminate service earlier in the clinic process than those referred by other sources.
- Proportionately, more children from one-parent families will be referred by other sources than by schools.
- There will be more referrals of children who are the oldest child in the family (or the only child) than of younger siblings.
- There will be no differences in the proportion of oldest children referred by schools and those referred by other sources.
Baggett, John Paul, "A Study of School-age Children for Whom Service Was Terminated with the Chattanooga Psychiatric Clinic between July 1, 1961, and June 30, 1963. " Master's Thesis, University of Tennessee, 1965.