The Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs has primary responsibility for the academic activities on the Knoxville campus. While the Chancellor and Provost confer regularly in setting overall academic priorities, the Chancellor focuses his attention more on external constituencies, while the Provost attends to the day-to-day functioning of the University.
The Provost meets with the Chancellor and other Vice Chancellors to discuss campus policies and practices, and to address campus-wide issues that cross divisional lines. The Provost is responsible for the budget allocations to academic units and for strategic initiatives undertaken by these units. The Provost also assists in the development of strategic initiatives, including fundraising and development strategies.
Browse the Office of the Provost Collections:
- Minutes, Executive Council/Committee Meetings
- Minutes, Senate Committee Meetings
- Minutes, Senate Meetings
- Senate Officers
- Senate Reports and Documents
- Senate Resolutions
- Senate Retreats
- Academic Policy Committee Reports
- Credentials Committee Reports
- Curriculum Committee Reports
- Graduate Associate Deans' Group Minutes
- Graduate Council Minutes