Indoor Environmental Concerns - Lead Poisoning
Lead poisoning is a disease that can cause serious health problems, such as brain and kidney damage, coma and even death. Even small blood lead levels can lead to learning problems and hyperactivity. You should be concerned if your child tests at even a low level; any level of lead in the blood is a concern.
"SP599-TN Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program," The University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service, R12-5310-025-004-02 SP599-20M-4/02, http://trace.tennessee.edu/utk_agexenvi/5